Programs and entry forms now available.
RURAL AMBASSADOR PROGRAM & ENTRY DETAILS
ENTRIES CLOSE: SATURDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2019 AT 4PM
THE AGRICULTURAL SOCIETIES OF VICTORIA YOUNG CITIZEN AWARD
Conducted annually, jointly by RASV and VAS Ltd
Co-ordinators: Ian Cochaud & Shirley Wheeler Ian – 0409 385 639
AIMS: To highlight the talent, creativity and ingenuity of young rural Victorians and in doing so encourage entrants to be role models across local communities.
To encourage and reward enthusiastic, skillful and industrious young people living or having an involvement in rural environments. To assist all entrants through their participation to develop strong communication and leadership qualities.
To enable the applicant to gain greater proficiency in their chosen field and also to develop the applicant’s stature and reputation in that chosen field.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
– Entry into the Rural Ambassador Award is via the official application form only. The Application Form must be completed and signed by the applicant.
– Entrants must be aged over 20 years and under 30 years as at 1 May 2020.
– Finalists may be involved in a rural or agricultural based industry or be associated with a Show Society but do not necessarily need to reside in a rural community, but must reside in Victoria.
– If successful at Group level, participants must attend the State Final during the Royal Melbourne Show and all judging as requested.
– Announcement of the State Winner will be made during the Royal Melbourne Show.
– The State winner is required to represent Victoria in the National Finals.
– The Committee will not enter into any correspondence in relation to selection and the judges decision is final.
– An unsuccessful applicant may re-apply in the following years providing they meet the guidelines set out.
– There will be NO joint winners. If a final decision cannot be made, advice is to be sought from the Chairperson of the Youth Affairs Committee.
– All Finalists will be invited to join the RAS Committee of their choice for the 12 months following the competition.
– Previous State winners are not eligible.
Winner will be presented with a Certificate, Sash, Lapel Badge and a cash Award of $400
Sponsored by THE COCHAUD FAMILY & MELBOURNE POLYTECHNIC
Group final winner receives jacket and plaque. State final winner receives a major prize and the opportunity to compete in the National Finals.
ENTRIES CLOSE SATURDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2019
Enquiries & entry forms :
Whittlesea Agricultural Society Inc.
P.O. Box 83, WHITTLESEA, 3757
Tel: (03) 9716 2835
JUNIOR AMBASSADOR PROGRAM & ENTRY DETAILS
ENTRIES CLOSE: SATURDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2019 AT 4PM CO-ORDINATORS – Ian Cochaud & Shirley Wheeler Ian – 0409 385 639
AIMS OF THE COMPETITION: To give young people a chance to take part in a competition whilst still residing in their local district.
To be part of a local show and therefore highlighting the importance of shows.
AGE: Open to males and females aged 16 – 19 years at the time of their local show.
JUDGING CRITERIA: Entrants must wear smart casual clothing and will be judged in accordance with the following guidelines:
Community Involvement 20 points
Rural & General Knowledge 20 points
Ambitions/Goals 20 points
Communication Skills 20 points
Personality & Confidence 10 points
Overall Presentation 10 points
Certificate, Lapel Badge, Sash, $250 cash prize donated by MELBOURNE POLYTECHNIC; and $100 cash prize donated by DANIELLE GREEN MP, Member for Yan Yean.
Winner at Show Society level will compete in a Group Final.
Group Final Winners will compete in a State Final run by VAS Ltd.
State Final winners will receive a cash prize – 1st=$700 and 2nd=$300.
Application forms are available from the Secretary on ph: 9716 2835.