There are so many free, fun activities all included in your Show ticket for an unforgettable experience with friends and family at the 2017 Whittlesea Show!
Check the daily schedule for the full list of all activities.
1. Pat animals in the Animal Nursery
2. Watch the chips fly in the Woodchopping competitions
3. Ride the Stage Coach and pretend you have stepped back in time
4. Watch as the real stars of the Show including the biggest bulls compete for blue ribbon glory
5. Watch a cow being milked
6. Watch the Showjumpers on the main arena compete for a most sought-after title
7. Create your own art piece in the Kids Business tent
8. Look at the amazing written and art work from the local and surrounding school students
9. Sample the artesian delights in the Food Expo
10. Watch the Grand Parade and be amazed at all the winners parading around
11. Take a selfie in the Farm & Garden Pavilion
12. Admire the blooms and creativity in Horticulture
13. View the spectacular display of colour in Homecrafts
14. See the artistic talents in the Art Pavilion
15. Enjoy a variety of culinary delights from Food Expo
16. Be entertained by the roving entertainers
17. See posters and identify the different cuts of meat.
18. See the wide variety and colours of the different Cattle breed.
19. Watch the Children’s led classes.
20. Feel the wool and learn about the shearing process.
21. Watch Stud sheep being judged.
22. Check out the local and surrounds photographic talents in the Photography Pavilion
23. Participate in children’s activities and take a seed home to grow in the Farm & Garden Pavilion
24. Have a look at different grasses and their seeds.
25. Admire a range of different sized eggs.
26. Be inspired to grow your own produce.
27. Join in the egg & spoon race, horseshoe throw or the bread waiters race on the main arena
28. Watch a blacksmith working
29. Operate a water pump
30. See hay made into bales
31. Push a button and see how an engine works
32. See a marvellous LEGO display
33. Watch a sheep get shorn
34. Look and listen to old engines running
35. Turn a handle and see how spark plugs work.
36. See lots of old tractors.
37. See how farm things work
38. Watch a windmill pump water
39. Look at some old cars trucks and tractors
40. See a sheep shorn the old fashion way
- See the history of the Police pursuit cars through time
- Watch as a craftsman turns a block of ice into a work of art.
- See the chainsaw master turn a tree into a sculpture
- See the motocross riders of tomorrow roar around the arena
- See how the SES will save your life from a car accident as they cut open a car
- Learn how to protect yourself from fire
- Have a free game of tennis, basketball at the YMCA
- Learn how to turn water blue
- Feed a Goat at the Animal Nursery.
- Sing along with Captain Koala and Friends at the Oaks Stage
- Meet Pockets the Clown and get a free sausage dog balloon
- Come and talk to Plenty Valley FM’s radio announcers as they broadcast live from the show.
- See and talk to the builders of miniature model aeroplanes and Helicopters which fly by Remote control.
- Be fascinated as our sketch artist draws caricatures of Show visitors
- From a by gone era, see old fashioned hunters on Horseback as they demonstrate the art of hunting with the hounds the old-fashioned way.
- Take a chance and compete in the Bilby boot throwing contest
- See the power of the horse equivalent to the tractor – the draught horse
- Kids – have fun with your drawing skills at the young people’s entertainment area near the Education display
59. Free craft for kids. Make anything you can imagine using wood sticks, pipe cleaners, glue, paper, beads, wool, buttons, googly eyes.
60. Try your hand at felting with demonstrations running throughout the show.
61. Watch the Woodworkers create items out of wood
62. Have a lolly pop decorated
63. See the young boys demonstrate fly fishing lure making
- Visit the Information Van at the front gate for a Show Balloon
- Free tastings in the Food Expo
- Visit Eroni’s Circus for a performance not to be missed.
- Get eaten by a dinosaur
- See local school bands performing on stage
- Listen to a great Country & Western Band
- Feed farm animals